Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fidel Is done

Fidel Castro disaster in chief of Cuba has officially resigned as President of the island nation of 11 million people.

For my thoughts, I think that he should have done this move twenty years ago. I was raised to loath collectivized forms of government. And modern Cuba has been a dictatorship of various kinds all of its political existence. Raul, Fidel's younger brother is in an a bad spot. He is 75 years old himself and has virtually no political experience. One day I hope to visit a Castro free Cuba. The saddest thing about Cuba is it has never had a middle class with significant numbers and political strength. That is the only reason why Fidel was able to thrive freely in a vacuum. This is I hope the start of better things for Cuba.
Seraph

No comments: